Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kite Runner blog

             When I read something I at least expect to get a story that i can take away from. But with Kite Runner it's not only a story but a testament of human action and nature. When you read a book you normally ask typical questions about each character and automatically with out even thinking you realize who is good or who is bad. You follow two boys named Amir and Hazara who are both pashtun boys.  Amir's dad "Baba" is a successfully business man and is one of the wealthiest men in there neighborhood. Hazara's dad is Amir's dad's servant and  his name is Ali who is very close with Baba.
            The story starts off with a lot of actions and a little amount of explanation of what is really going on in the story. I started off feeling really suspicious about Amir's dad and once I got to know him I saw that he really isn't what you call a "good" father figure to Amir. Baba Doesn't really care so much for his children as he does for his work. Amir's real father in my opinion is Rahim Khan "who is Babas good friend". Rahim acts in a more honest and mature manner to Amir and actually cares for Amirs unique talents such as being a really good writer. Amir's best friend always has such a unique relationship with this boy named Hassan, who always protects no matter what. Even if it's with this big Strong kid named Assef, Hassan is always there to help.
              I am about a third of my way threw this book and have already got a story that I will keep for the rest of my life. This book really seems to have no boundary's or no shame in telling the truth. I recommend this book only for the people that can be mature and responsible to take out the things that are important not grouse. Who knew that one little story could turn out to show you how hard life could be and expand your views on this world.

1 comment:

  1. i love how deep you are going with your reading...the blur of good vs. bad is so thought provoking...and i think books become so much more interesting when there is no black and white. can't wait to hear what you think as you read on.

    ReplyDelete